There is little to no information regarding the history of the buildings before their use as a factory for the production of capacitors.
Fact is that the production started in 1952. The factory was privatized in the early 1990s and went bankrupt in 1992.
The current owner is from Austria and still has plans for renovation of the buildings, although the city would rather tear down the entire ensemble. There have been various precautionary measures have been taken to prevent entry and to prevent collapse of the buildings.
The plans for the renovations still stand despite the fact that there are no precise plans. The buildings have been placed under monument protection, so there is not much that the city can do as long as the necessary measures are being taken.