The origins of this company go back to its founding in the year 1833. The first production site was opened on this spot in 1836 and is the oldest factory-like building in this part of the city.
The prestigious residential an doffice building toward the street was built in the 1850s.
The production facitlites were expanded over the years and at the beginning of the 1870, a half-timbered rear house was built, which in the 1890s was further expanded with a boiler house and horse stables. The distinctive chimney was constructed in 1901.
A new owner took over the business, which was at the time labeled a wine and liquor store.
In 1907, yet another family took ownership of the disitllery and operated the business for more than two generation until the production was discontinued at the beginning of the 1980s.