This object used to be a repair factory for farm machines. These repair sites were an integral part of the farming industry in the German Democratic Republic (GDR/East Germany).
The task of the workers in agriculture and food industry of the GDR was to provide the people with quality food and the
industry with raw materials from its own agricultural production.
That was possible only by the "socialist intensification" of production and the introduction of industry standards for production methods in agriculture.
A major aspect of this system was the implementation of agricultural repair works (LIW) and the county organization for agricultural machinery (short KfL).
The LIW’s were directly subordinated to the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and food industry.
They had replacement stock for the required spare parts and assembly lines and had contractual relationships with the KfL of each district and were responsible for the specialized basic repair of agricultural technology.
The tasks of the LIW were varied. In some transmissions were repaired, others were exclusively responsible for the repair of motors Russian design.
This particular LIW was put into operation as early as 1949. It was built on the ruins of the regional "Heerezeugamt V" (Army Ordnance Depot) and was tasked with basic repairs of all engine and motor types.