This abandoned neo-classical castle is also known as "Henriette's Heritage" in reference to the history of the estate it is built on. The history of the estate itself and the buildings on it dates back as far as 1420. In the early 17th century the estate was sold to a noble family who owned it until the late 18th century when the last male descendant of that family had no male heirs. His daughter "Henriette" inherited the estate. She eventually got married to a man who was the descendant of another noble family. In that time - around 1800 - the castle was built.
The family owned the castle until about 1880, when the last member of the family died.
The castle then went to another owner. He expanded the west wing of the castle around 1910. After World War II, these new owners were expropriated, and during the time of the German separation, the castle was used as a senior citizens home.
In the early 1960s, workers are installing new water conduits for the retirement home, when they break through a wall and beind it find a room with a proverbial treasure. It was the silverware and more valuable items of the last owner family who had placed their belongings there in 1945 - proven by a newspaper from that year that had been placed there as well.
The find was reported to the socialist paerty's district committee who then inspected it. But the secret poiice ("Stasi") had also gained knowledge of the treasure and took over the investigation and the recovery of the treasure.
The treasure was said to be transported to the state museum, but it never arrived there. All further attemps to find the treasure again or gain information regarding this case have been without success.