The estate of G. was the domain of one single Pomeranian family ever since the 14th century with only a couple of minor interruptions. In the 19th century, a landscape park was built in English style after a plan of a renowned Prussian landscape architect.
Around 1870, the baron had the neo-classical castle built. His son inherited the estate after the baron's death, but after the end of World War II, the family was expropriated and the mansion was looted.
During the German separation, the mansion was used as an agricultural vocational college and boarding school. During the 1980s, the mansion was completely refurbished; another renovation, mainly in th context of turning the mansion into a hotel, follwed at the end of the 1990s.
In the middle of the 2000s, the mansion was out up for sale in a foreclosure auction and has been abandoned since.
Gallery Update: New photos taken on May 14, 2017