At the end of the 1920s, the building was erected as a convalescent home on a hill in Saxony. At first it served as a convalescence home for working youth with 160
places (80 for girls and 80 for boys).
After the Nazis took power in 1933, the building was used exclusively by the "Bund Deutscher Mädel" (BDM, "Association of German Girls").
The temple-like central building housed the dining room and ballroom with a stage; the accommodations were in the two side wings - seperate for boys and girls.
From 1946 the convalescent home was converted into a SED (Sozialistische Einheitspartei Deutschlands - German Socialist Unity Party) party school.
The area has been abandoned since 1990; Plans to form a hotel from the ruinous building and the huge property were apparently dropped shortly after the start of the first work.