Fort Victoria and Fort Louis - usually called Victoria Barracks - were two military facilities situated in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
They have been abandoned sinde 1994.
From 1956 until 1970, the site was used by the Canadian Forces. During the time, these were the barracks for the unmarried soldiers while their married comrades were stationed in the nearby city.
The area was also home to CAE - Radio Canadian Army Europe, the first Canadian radio station on German soil. Radio shows were broadcast from here on VHF until 1970 for the Canadian
soldiers in Germany.
Frm 1970 until 1994, the soldiers of the British Army of the Rhine were stationed here. Since the British soldiers left in 1994, the barracks stand abandoned and are victim to vandalism and
Gallery Update: New photos from March 26, 2016.