Originally, there was only one engine hall. But as the navy, the diversity of types of vessels and the need for trained personnel grew, so did the engineering school. The second machine shop was
built in 1943.
It included the entire propulsion system of a destroyer as well as a variety of speedboat engines for the future ship's engineers to train on.
Today, the first machine shop is used as an exhibition space for a society for the cultural revival of the area (Maritimes Viertel Kiel - Kultur am Kanal e.V.). The second engine hall however
still contains an entire ship's propulsion system.
In this case it's the propulsion system of the former training vessel "Deutschland" which was decommisioned in 1990.
The entire combined diesel and steam turbine engine complete with operating stand and everything has been set up on land and was used for training purposes until the school closed in
The third engine hall has been almost completely cleared out. It is the newst building in the ensemble and was used for trianing in electrical engineering and for newer types of propulsion
Photos from the administration, living quarters and classrooms here.